Homeowners with pets often look for a way in which to contain them without throwing off the aesthetics of the homes landscape. When you have a pet that needs to be contained here are five factors to consider when looking for a style of fencing: your pet’s size, skill level, current fencing, maintenance and the size of the space.
- Pet Size: The size of your pet will matter when it comes to the type of fencing chosen. Small pets can easily squeeze through fencing with open pickets unless homeowners choose options such as puppy pickets. Aluminum fencing offers several options in puppy pickets. With larger dogs it is important to access the ability of the dog. Is the dog able to hop over a low fence? Will a taller fence be able to be hopped? Remember dogs are climbers and will use horizontal railings or chain links to maneuver. Aluminum fencing is a great option as homeowners can customize the height of the fence the spacing of the pickets and where the horizontal railings are located on the pickets.
- Pet’s Skills: Animals are smart; especially dogs. Dogs learn by watching their owners. It is important to have a gate that latches on its own and requires a two handed opening. Some dogs have learned to open the backyard gate by watching the owners allowing them to escape to freedom easily. Aluminum fencing offers a child-safe gate option that is ideal for pool fencing and for pet containment.
- Current Fencing: If you are replacing an existing fence determine the reason behind the need to choose a new containment system. If your pet digs then you will be looking for a fence option that prevents this; perhaps electric fencing is the best option for a pet that digs. If your dog is visually disturbed by the people walking by you may need to purchase a privacy fence to prevent the dog from visually seeing anything outside his environment.
- Maintenance: This is a twofold topic. The first maintenance topic is in regards to the dog. Is the dog destructive? Is it possible the dog will rip apart a wooden picket fence? For dogs that are destructive choose an option such as aluminum. Homeowners may want to look into a commercial aluminum fence which is stronger grade then traditional residential aluminum fencing. The next maintenance option to consider is the fence itself. Aluminum fencing is by far the simplest fencing material as far as care is concerned.
- Yard Size: Homeowners need to consider how much space they want enclosed for their pet to roam. The most common option is to enclose the entire backyard however some homeowners choose a smaller space to allow for the space to be used for options other than just pet containment. Select a size that is right for your pets needs; it is important that the space is large enough for enjoyment as well as reliving themselves.
Once you have taken these things into consideration it is time to order your new fence. Aluminum fencing is a popular option in pet containment as it is easy to manipulate on even the most uneven of spaces, homeowners can order from a variety of heights, colors and styles as well as many ornamental options and extra safety features to ensure a space that is perfect for the safety of the pet.
iFenceUSA offers the widest variety of maintenance-free, no-rust aluminum fences and gates in the industry! Whether you are a pool contractor, a building contractor, an architect, a landscaping professional, or a “do-it-yourself” homeowner looking for exceptional value and installation advice, you’ll benefit by buying wholesale aluminum fences shipped factory-direct to your home or business anywhere in America from www.iFenceUSA.com!